ProKids is seeking a CASA Manager/GAL to join our team, advocating for abused and neglected children in Hamilton County. The successful candidate will be part of an Advocacy Team, working alongside a ProKids staff attorney and CASA Volunteer. As a full-time CASA Manager, they will oversee and support the work of these volunteers, who are trained by ProKids to advocate for our children.
The CASA Manager/GAL will understand the multiple priorities of an agency like ours, where our children always come first. This position includes serving as Guardian ad Litem on all cases assigned and adhering to Rule 48. Applicants must have the flexibility to meet with families during the day, in the evening and on weekends.
Our CASA Managers are collaborative problem-solvers who focus on the best interests of ProKids children and advocate for the best possible outcomes, especially a safe, permanent and nurturing home.
Since 1981, ProKids staff members have created a workplace built on the principles of diversity, equity and inclusion. Our team members go beyond their job descriptions to serve one another and our community.
Please note that this role requires a thorough background check.
Apply here. No phone calls, please.
Experience needed: One year of experience working and advocating for children and families is required. Involvement with and/or knowledge of community resources is a must. Experience with and/or understanding of court processes regarding custody of a child is helpful. A bachelor’s degree is required.
- Performs all duties in compliance with Rule 48 of the Rules of Superintendence for the Courts of Ohio and is subject to the approval of Hamilton County Juvenile Court.
- Reviews all case documents for completeness and accuracy.
- Advises attorney of concerns regarding completion and accuracy of any filings and case documents.
- Meets with child, petitioner and all adults living in the home.
- Follows through with families to ensure services are in place and children and their families are participating.
- Ensures that reports for the court are written and submitted in a timely manner.
- Works with court to follow through with background checks.
- Oversees and supports the work of CASA Volunteers, trained by ProKids, who advocate for our children.
- Assigns, supervises, manages, supports and evaluates CASA Volunteers in the completion of their duties.
- Contacts CASA Volunteers once per month, as well as prior to court hearings, to prepare the volunteer and their report.
- Provides advice, resources and help to the volunteer in the best interest of the children.
- Attends all court hearings.
- Attends all case meetings.
- Works with supervisor to develop/expand outside resources for children and families.
- Attends all Team Meetings.
- Serves as Guardian ad Litem for Dependency, Custody and Unaccompanied Minor cases as required.
- Represents a strong model of child advocacy to Committed Community and general community. Including but not limited to:
- Providing information and guidance for ProKids storytelling.
- Developing capacity within the child welfare community to serve children and families.
- Establishing and maintaining strong, close working relationships with the court and service community.
- Assists with the setting and evaluation of all agency goals and objectives. Including but not limited to:
- Providing input, review and evaluation of all research findings.
- Recommending program changes and improvements.
- Collecting raw data.
- Communicating all financial needs and expenses.
- Attends all staff meetings and establishes good teamwork with co-workers.
- Assists with ProKids events as required.
- Other duties as assigned by supervisor.
- Prolonged periods of sitting at a desk and working on a computer.
- Must be able to lift 10 pounds.
- Normal activities associated with work in an office setting and field work.
- Stooping, standing, carrying objects and overhead lifting.
- Must be able to drive to visit children locally or occasionally up to 4 hours away.
- Must be able climb stairs and navigate homes/facilities when visiting children.