How to create a fundraiser on Facebook
Fundraisers are a great way to raise money for ProKids on #GivingTuesday, your birthday, #NationalNonprofitDay and any other time of year! Here are instructions to create a fundraiser easily from your phone or computer.
On Your Phone:
- On your phone or tablet, open the Facebook app.
- Click on the magnifying glass in the top right corner.
- Type in “fundraisers” and wait for the icon of a pink heart in a yellow circle to pop up.
- Tap on “fundraisers.”
- Tap on “create fundraiser.”
- Search for ProKids in the search bar and select our account.
- Edit the description to include your connection to ProKids, enter the amount you want to raise, and select the end date.
- Tap “create.”
On Your Computer:
- Log in to your Facebook account.
- Scroll down on your left side navigation under your profile picture to the “fundraisers” icon with a pink heart on a yellow circle and select it.
- Click on the first button on the next page “select nonprofit” and search for ProKids.
- On the left-hand side of the screen of your fundraiser, fill in appropriate fields, such as the amount of money you want to raise and how long the fundraiser should last.
- In the box titled “why are you raising money” type a personalized message that describes your connection to ProKids and why the organization or its mission are important to you.
- Click on “create” to publish your fundraiser. You’re all set!