How to create a fundraiser on Facebook
Fundraisers are a great way to raise money for ProKids on #GivingTuesday, your birthday, #NationalNonprofitDay and any other time of year! Here are instructions to create a fundraiser easily from your phone or computer.
On Your Phone:
- Pull up Facebook and click on the “More” menu on the bottom right corner.
- Scroll down to the “Community Resources” menu (you might have to expand your menu to “see more”.
- Click on the “Fundraisers” button with the pink heart on a yellow square icon. Now click on the plus icon to “Create Fundraiser”.
- Choose “Nonprofit” and type ProKids into the search bar. Select our page and a fundraiser will be set up.
- Now you can personalize it! Under the “Description” write about what ProKids means to you and why people should support our organization.
- Set a dollar amount you find appropriate and hit the blue button to “create” your fundraiser. You’re all set!
On Your Computer:
- Login to your Facebook account.
- Scroll down on your left side navigation under your profile picture to “Fundraisers” icon with a pink heart on a yellow circle and select it.
- Click on the first button on the next page “Select Nonprofit” and search for ProKids.
- On the left-hand side of the screen of your fundraiser, fill in appropriate fields such as the amount of money you want to raise and how long the fundraiser should last.
- In the box titled “Why are you raising money” type a personalized message that describes your connection to ProKids and why the organization or its mission are important to you.
- Click on “create” to publish your fundraiser. You’re all set!