As ProKids continues to grow to serve our community’s children, we are seeking a temporary administrative assistant to join our team.
To apply, please submit your resume and cover letter to ProKids via email.
Application deadline is Nov. 8, 2019.
Note that ProKids does not accept phone call inquiries.
Title: Temporary Administrative Assistant
PROGRAM: Community Development
TEAM RESPONSIBILITY: Development and implementation of Benevon methods and fundraising plans and activities to reach budget objectives. Provides a variety of opportunities to learn about the children ProKids serves and the outcome of the services provided by ProKids. Informs the Community about various ways to become involved with ProKids. Monitors the entire experience of The Committed Community with a specialized focus on deepening and broadening their involvement through cultivation activities and events.
POSITION SUMMARY: Temporary administrative support to ProKids office staff and volunteers with potential for full-time, permanent position if it is mutually beneficial. Creates an aesthetically pleasing and supportive environment to help maximize outcomes for children and cultivation of volunteers and donors.
Experience: Basic office management and administration duties required. Superior knowledge of Microsoft Office software, including Excel, PowerPoint, and Word required. Knowledge of child welfare issues, nonprofit, fundraising, and volunteer management preferred.
SupervisOR: Events & Creative Manager
Supervision Exercised: Delegation of responsibilities to volunteer(s) as necessary for the operation of ProKids.
- Responsible for coverage of all receptionist duties between the hours of 8:30 a.m. and 4:30 p.m.[AS1] , including but not limited to:
- Answering, transferring, and relaying of all phone calls.
- Receiving and directing all visitors.
- Processing and distribution of all mail.
- Delegating and/or securing coverage when not available.
- Maintaining the appearance and usefulness of all common areas.
- Maintains the office calendar and room reservations.
- Provides administrative support to ProKids office staff and volunteers.
- Attends and provides support with development activities and events as needed.
- Assists with planning and organizing monthly staff meetings.
- Responsible for the distribution of monthly CASA Update and Insider Update.
- Responsible for “This Week at ProKids.”
- Responsible for the printing, packing and distribution of all Perfect Gift sales.
- Responsible for updating and maintenance of general office forms and files.
- Ensures the effective representation of ProKids to external organizations and individuals.
- Communicates need for volunteers and provides assistance in designing and implementing volunteer training. Supervises, manages, supports, evaluates, and communicates on-going status of volunteers.
- Assists with the setting and evaluation of all agency goals and objectives, including but not limited to:
- Recommendation for program changes and improvements.
- Providing raw data.
- Communicating all financial needs and expenses.
- Performs duties in accordance with ProKids objectives and in compliance with relevant standards and agency commitments.
- Attends all staff meetings and establishes good teamwork with co-workers.
- Other duties as assigned by Supervisor.
Skills and abilities
1. Computer Skills required:
- Superior knowledge of Microsoft Office software, including Excel, PowerPoint, and Word.
- Experience with customer or donor management software.
- Ability to maintain skill level as technology changes and advances.
2. Other Skills and Abilities preferred:
- Strong interpersonal, written, verbal communication skills.
- Self-motivated with the ability to exercise considerable independence in the performance of day-to-day duties.
- Superior attention to detail.
- Highly organized, especially as it relates to time management and prioritization.
- Ability to multi-task, work in a fast-paced office and manage multiple priorities and deadlines with accuracy.
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills; solution-oriented.
- May be required to occasionally work irregular hours, nights and weekends as required for the operation of ProKids.
- Adherence to strict confidentiality of volunteer and donor related information, as well as all gift information, files, documents, and reports.
- Physical Demands:
- Will operate a PC.
- Required to talk and hear in large crowds or busy environments.
- Regularly required to walk and reach with hands and arms.
- Will occasionally lift and/or move up to 20 pounds.